Sunday, October 16, 2011

My 阿公&阿嬷

I am a really really bad grand daughter... Had a real conversation with my grandma today... I am for goodness sake 18 already, but this is my first memory of conversing with my grandma...

She can barely open her eyes, her feet are badly swollen and she can't stop her right hand from shaking plus her teeth from chattering...

I wish there was something I could do to stop the shaking and the chattering... I her right hand hoping that it would help... But only so little...

She remembers my age and my zodiac sign... She said that I'm pretty...
But all that I really wanted to tell her was I am sorry. But I didn't know how to say that in hokkien without sounding insincere. The closet thing I know to sorry that is in hokkien is paiseh. And that doesn't sound very sincere.

I'm not sure if she got it when I said it in Chinese that's why she said don't talk to me in Chinese... But seeing how frail she is and how age has taken a toll on her, I just felt like a horrible grand daughter.

I didn't manage to talk much to my ahgong though. I didn't exactly know how to initiate a chat with him. And he didn't seem as keen to talk as my ahma did. But he has gotten really skinny... But he is still really cute. He would turn to me and smile whenever the tv showed something funny. If only I didn't have to leave after being there for a short while. Next week...

Shall make it a point to go visit my mum's parents too next week. :)

Take care my grandparents...

No comments:

Post a Comment