Am reading 2 books at the moment. Chinese and English. One on social psychological thinking and the other on childhood and nature (experiential learning).
As I am 10pages into the 2nd book, I recalled that there was actually a part of my childhood that had nature playing a significant part. While it definitely wasn't places like Ubin or bukit timah hill or any other mountain, but just this tiny hill at the back of my maternal grandparents high rise estate. I had forgoten about its existence all these years since then, until I read this few pages. This seems to be the only lead to why I think well of natural places. Whatever the case is, thinking about those days now, I feel really happy that I had those memories. Sad to say, that backyard is going to be flattened to ground and turn into a hawker centre soon I think. Will Ubin still be natural by the time I have kids to bring there? Or it has already turn into a touristy place... ):
As for the Chinese book, it's actually quite cool. It has quizzes to be tried for yourself and see the choices you make around you reflects your personality. Then it provides stories and explanations about the scenarios. The irritating part is when I see characters that I don't know and I dont have the best idea to figure them out. ):
Onto another crazy idea. I want to learn carpentry or what are the things to note in designing furniture. I want to remake my room if I can't get out of Singapore. But everytime I think of that I would think of the floor that I dislike. The plans I had since last oct are still fresh in my head. Just that I have no one to judge the feasibility. /:
And this is really POUTS. Cause I no longer have 1 more thing to look forward to this sat. Clashed. Looking forward to mar already. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment