Thursday, September 5, 2013

after the long wait...

I finally got hands on today! Got into the lab and had to do my own short crust dough. Which will be used for apple tart tomorrow.

BUT. I need a lot of practicing to get the technique of producing sand like texture while blending the flour and butter. :/ thinking of spending the money to get ingredients so I can master the technique after sch. I've placed them between my palms for too long which is wrong cause the butter will melt while I'm blending. Resulting in lumps than sand particles. )):

It was fun. But I want to work harder! :D want to get my basics right. Will try to upload the photos in my next update! :)

It was a bit harder having to wake up early. I was up while it was still dark today. Thankfully the chef made coffee! :) so I helped myself to one cup. It was really helpful!

Still it is really nice starting to feel adrenaline running. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment