Monday, November 10, 2014

Unexpecteds.

Wrote a letter in pen and paper after a very long time not having done so. A writing that was without any form of planning. But just following of feelings and thoughts that came up. And now. Unexpectedly feeling really light. Despite my sereve lack of sleep the past few nights. The stress on my body that was adding up seems to have vanished. Hahaha. Well. Not sure what to be blogging


There is salon du chocolat in Lyon now. Jioed my classmates to go with me. The ones that could make it was 1 jap guy and girl and this other Korean guy that's in the same residence with me. (: the weather was horrible. There was quite a drama that took place that only we will know. Hahaha. So (note this info) there was this recognized chef and had good tasting samples for the visitors that the jap guy took a admiration kind of liking for. So having tried all the possible samples, we thought we were done with the exhibition. At the entrance/exit I saw this book published in commemoration of the 20th year of this exhibition running. So I asked to head to the booth where the book is actually for sales. And while we were looking at the books, available for purchase, on our own. The jap guy got interested in buying this book. For a reason I had difficulty understanding but let him be. So in the consideration process, he shared with me briefly about wanting to get it signed. I looked at the name of the chef on the cover, not a chocolatier, so I thought it's a chef he noticed in the past and interested to visit in the future. So Okays. This book cost 90€.
After the purchase, I thought we were leaving, but the guy went towards the booth and wanted to look for the chef to ask for signature. So I was getting really puzzled le. Good thing was the chef was at another area of the exhibition hall so before making our way to look for the chef, I raised my questions on the mismatch, (the chef the jap guy admire, his name was in all ways different from the one on the 90€ book bought). After proving and explaining the guy and the rest realized the major screwup. And the guy still really want a signature though. So I was like but you can't possibly ask for a signature on a book that's not his work right. And I quickly checked if the 20th commemoration book actually has the particular chef being admired in it too. Good thing was yes. So I suggest we try an ask if the books salesperson would actually allow him to do an exchange. Plus that book is only 35€. So much cheaper. So we went. The lady understood the situation and was very kind about it. Despite bringing up how there will be accounting headache caused. (90€ was paid by card, the refund can't be done electronically. So only in cash). After fixing the screw up. We went on the search the chef, which end up taking up lots time haha. Not because the hall was big. But simply because there was chocolate fashion show going on, each chef with a booth had a showpiece too. So he was hiding in the back stage while we couldn't spot him by and large. Yups. Thankfully he did get the signature, after we pressured him into entering the 'no entry' zone to look for the chef. Hahaha.

Kay I really very tired and want to sleep le hahaa

No comments:

Post a Comment