Friday, March 6, 2015

A wish too much

And on this night, still far away from home, I very much wish for comforting dinner already made waiting just for me to be home. How greedy such a thought is, I think those who never live away from home and parents, and all on one's own, will never know.

I'm deadbeat tired from poor sleep plus a really long day today. Its been cold despite a fine weather day. And I'm so hungry that I just wish there's nice warm soothing soup to drink for dinner.

I just really miss being taken care of again. Haha. I miss those food made with care and effort and attention to details yet not by myself and not comparable by any sum in the world. Because they can't be purchased anywhere in the world.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this before. This goes back to when I was still a small kid, before 3-in-1 Milo was created. Even after I've learnt how to make Milo from my mum, remembering the portions she put when she make for me. The powder, hot water, milk and condensed milk. After the initial enthusiasm and other than few desperate times, I never liked to make them on my own. Because somehow I've never found the ones I make anywhere as tasty as the one my mum always make. So much so that, though I could have done it myself and not trouble her, I would still have asked her to do it. Because only she can create that taste that I'm looking for. It is this Milo drink that taught me, no matter how I try to learn or imitate I'll never be able to reproduce the food that means the most to me in the way that I got to know them, in the manner that they left the deepest warmest imprints. Maybe I'm thinking too much. Idk. But. I just really wish I'm on the hot island now and going home to where I need not yearn for comfort food.

Thank you for making sure I've been fed well the past 20years.

No comments:

Post a Comment